Hatfield Lioness Scholarship at Durham University is offered to females who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course,
They are also expected to act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the Master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Acccomodation | Monthly Stipend | Airfare Return Ticket | Visa Cost
- Deadline: March 31, 2024
Hatfield Lioness Scholarship Details:
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the Durham University. The scholarship was launched as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, Durham University in 2018, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Eligibility Requirements of 2024 Hatfield Lioness Scholarship:
To be considered for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by June 2024.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be female.
- Applicants must be a national of a developing countries as stated on the application page.
- hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course ; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Benefits of 2024 Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
How to Apply for 2024 Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link provided below;
Stage 1: Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship;
Stage 2: Submit an application for the Scholarship via the application form once it is published;
Stage 3: Submit all supporting documents (Durham University offer letter, academic transcript, references and IELTS certificate) by the deadline.
Candidates will hear the outcome of their application by mid-June 2024.